Tuesday, June 5, 2012

"We're having twins"

I heard these words come from Joel several times at the Montana Synod Assembly last weekend in Billings.

Every time it filled my heart with joy.

When we told Pastor John Allen, Assistant to the Bishop, he smiled big, said congratulations and that he had heard that news from someone....

The Montana Synod grape vine!

It might be a big state, but news travels!

As we walked away he told me to take care of myself.

All weekend those words were ringing in my ears leaving me wondering, am I taking care of myself?

The assembly was so tiring and draining.  So much sitting and listening.  The food options were so difficult for me...the banquet, delicious unless you're pregnant with Twins and not feeling the best...the restaurants...well, when you're in a group trying to pick a place not everyone is going to listen to the pregnant lady!  Nor should they have to.  I made it, it just added to the tiring part.

As we told more people, love surrounded us.  Love poured over us.  Ellen, from Joel's cluster, came up to me to say how good I looked and how she prays for us and the babies constantly...I cried.

Linda was so encouraging.

And Bishop Crist was so kind and smiled really big when we told her our news!  It's a Montana Synod baby boom she said...another classmate of Joel's and his wife are due in August, us in December, and 2 adoptions are in the works...

Babies abound!

It was a fun weekend of talking to people, meeting new ones, and putting faces to name for me.

The closing worship was awesome!  And the host church, in their graciousness, offered us a to-go baggie of snacks to get us through to the closest drive-thru!  For this girl that bag of snacks was a life saver!  Worship went until 1:30, followed by a long wait on the bus and a ride back to the hotel...I was hungry and thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment