Saturday, June 23, 2012

Medicine drama...

Well, not really drama.  I just made it drama this entire past week...

I'm still taking the anti-nausea meds.  They can only give me 12 pills at a time.  The last time Gretchen called in a prescription she gave me 3 refills. 

On Tuesday we got the last one filled...

Sunday, tomorrow, we are leaving for a few days in Pierce then the Skindlov family reunion at Camp Lutherhaven...

And I was stressed.  What if I ran out of pills on the trip, I only had 12?  Should I hoard them and only use if I feel really sick?  I didn't have any refills left.   Should I call the doctor?  Can a pharmacy somewhere else fill it without refills?  Will they give me a refill this soon after I got the last one refilled?  Will the doctor think I am taking it too often?  Was the last prescription supposed to last me til our appt July 2?  Why couldn't it have just lasted me til July 2?  Why didn't I plan better?

Whew!

That took up a lot of thinking space in my brain this week.  Way too much thinking space. 

Thursday we went to the pharmacy and even as we're standing in line I'm so worked up over this...so silly.

And I notice that Cindy, our friend pharmacist, wasn't there and I got more worked up.

"Don't worry" Joel said...and then to the counter we went...Joel and the ladies there handled everything...I did not have to worry, AT ALL...Joel told them what we needed in a much better way than I was going to, the ladies talked through it with him, they told me not to worry, not to make any phone calls, to just come back later for the meds...

When we did go back a different person helped us and she said they could only give me 12 pills...my heart sunk...then she said it was $43 and it was only supposed to be $8...grrr...

But as we walked away I looked in the bottle and they gave me 48 pills!  It worked out!  I have enough meds now for vacation!

I know I created this wild not fun roller coaster ride that lasted all week that I did not even need to create...but oh well.  It is what it is.  I'm just so grateful that Joel and the pharmacy took care of it for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment