Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Nursery

Whimsical, peaceful, relaxing, calm...

Those are all words rolling around in my head when I think about the nursery for our babies.

I sort of have a vision in my head, but I am struggling with trying to figure out how to make it a reality.

Paint colors, motifs, furniture colors, etc., etc.!

So overwhelming.  So very overwhelming.

First I thought about doing Classic Pooh for a theme, then a random Ikea theme, then wait til we know gender and pick a theme...

But then Joel and I thought about what brings us peace, relaxation, calm...

And it came to us...

The Ocean, the Oregon Coast!

Um, how the heck do we make that a nursery?  No idea!  I want starfish and maybe even a light gray wall with white polka dots...but I have no idea how that goes together! 

I took a picture of wrapping paper at Hallmark yesterday because I wanted to see it become a wall.  I've been googling beach themes for nursery.  I have a couple pictures. 

It always comes back to a wall hanging...do I need one?  What should it look like?

I'm assuming that if you're reading this Mom and Aunt Cindy that your wheels are turning for me!  Help please!  Anyone else have any ideas?  We picked the room and the wall color...we're thinking of somehow making an eclectic swatch with all these random ideas...but it stops there!  

Oh and maybe the room can have a Pooh's corner reading nook?  Yea, like we'll really have room for that! 

2 comments:

  1. You know that once you've decided on a theme and you know boys/girls, I'm good for a couple quilts! I wonder if they sell ocean-like decals for walls on Etsy? I LOVE the polka dot idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that our babies will have quilts from you...auntie Lindsay:)! So sweet! They will love it!

    Thanks for the etsy idea, I have found so many things on there, beach themed, that I think I can't live without.

    ReplyDelete