Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

One of my most vivid memories of our infertility journey is Father's Day 2010...

Joel and I sitting one the flowered couch in our Williston, ND house, on internship...holding hands, tears running down our faces.  I remember saying something like, I'm sorry I haven't made you a daddy yet.

So much pain. 

I thought about that day a lot yesterday.  Remembering the pain, in the midst of smiles, joy, happiness...

We had a low key celebration of Joel's first, daddy-to-be Father's Day!

Church was a joint service in Big Sandy followed by a potluck. 

Then we rested, and sat on the deck in the glorious sunshine, sipping lemonade and reading.  It was so relaxing.  Dinner was hamburgers, a shared baked potato and fruit.  It was a really nice day. 

I told Joel that this day next year we'll be sitting on the deck, each with a small child on our laps!  Oh  how life is changing!

No comments:

Post a Comment