Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Prayer Shawl





A couple of months ago Joel told me, or rather hinted that he was up to a surprise for me. Of course I asked a lot of questions but did not get a lot of answers. I only knew that Helen, his mom, was helping and that it would arrive sometime around Easter. The timing could not have been more perfect. The day before we were set to go for the scan to see how well the meds worked a box arrived at our door. In the box was a beautiful prayer shawl knit and filled with prayer. It’s purple with some red, yellow, blue and orange woven through and it’s very soft. It went to Mayo with us on the Monday of procedure day. It sat on my lap with the chocolate blue bunny on our drive down, I wore it around my shoulders as we walked around outside and I laid it over me as we waited for the 20 minutes after the procedure before I could get up. We felt the spirit of Jesus and we felt covered in prayer. It was a blessed Easter Monday.

The pictures are of the sunset on the drive down, walking around Mayo (with the prayer shawl), and the chocolate blue bunny and prayer shawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment