Sunday, March 11, 2012

Baseline ultra sound...

On Friday I had a baseline ultra sound and blood work done in Bozeman. 

The doctor said my ovaries were lovely.  Her P.A. Christine agreed!  We met Christine for the first time on this visit.  She wanted to meet us because as it gets closer to retrieval in Billings, Dr. Shomento will go there.  For the patients who still need monitored in Bozeman, Christine will handle that.

To say this is overwhelming is an understatement.

But back to the ultra sound.  The shots we started February 29th have been "putting everything to sleep", as the doctor described it.  The ultra sound showed that it worked perfectly.  My ovaries, uterus, and estrogen levels are right where they need to be.

Dr. Shomento said again, "you guys are truly in the unexplained category." 

She counted at least 38 follicles in my ovaries, 20 on the left, at least 18 on the right...

This could be a problem, sort of.  We do not want 38 follicles harvested and fertilized.  The way she put it, my ovaries are getting ready to have a party, and we don't really want them to!

So, she changed the dosage of the gonal f stimulation medicine.  She lowered it.

We go back for another ultra sound and more blood work to test my estrogen levels on the 14th at 10:45am.  At this point I will need to stay down there maybe until the 26th.  It all depends on how my body responds.  

We're pretty, um, wowed that is is happening so fast, scared, and um, ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment