Friday, March 16, 2012

More monitoring

This morning we had another appoitnment.  At this stage of IVF this is what we do:
ultra sound, blood draw to check estrogen level, readjust meds, schedule next appt in 2 days.

The blood draw and ultra sound happen at the appointment.  Then I wait for the doctor to call with dosage and time for Sunday morning.

During the ultra sound she said, "we could not make this look any better."

The follicles are growing and the uterus lining is looking just like it should.

"Have you noticed a difference in how you feel since I increased the dosage of the one medicine on Wednesday?" she asked.

"No, not really, I'm just really bloated," I said.

That got her excited!  That's what they want!  And it will keep on getting worse.  Oh great I thought to myself!

I said, "I give myself permission to wear sweat pants," and the doctor and the PA both agreed wholeheartedly!  They even said everyone switches to sweats at this point!  The PA added that they hope this bloating goes straight into 9 months of bloating from success!

My left ovary is a work horse, they said.  Then the doctor added that I would start really feeling the left ovary soon, and the bloating will continue.

The doc said we might end up doing retrieval on the 22nd instead of 21st.  I go back Sunday morning at 9:30am for more checking.  The shot dosage stays the same.

We take this journey one day at a time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment