Sunday, March 11, 2012

A dose of intensity

Things here were intense last night.  I had a headache all day, it was time for 2 new shots (night time ones), and the darn time change (this morning was rough).

As 9pm grew closer we found ourselves humming renditions of "eye of the tiger" and "put me in coach" to pump ourselves up for more shot giving.

We're pretty much mastered the morning shot.  I think I've said it before, but it is mixed up already and we don't have to switch needles.

The evening ones were different.  We were anxious and nervous!  I kept telling Joel, who of course is the one doing everything, I just have to cheer, encourage and be sticked (I think he gets the short end of the deal...), he he could do it!  Cheer I did.   

Adrenaline was running high.

I heard myself saying over and over again, "take a deep breath, we have extras of everything."

But it was still intense.

The first one, gonal f, was actually pretty easy it turns out.  And now we have it mixed up for the next couple of times.

The second one has to be mixed up every time.  Each night an entire vile of medicine goes into me with just this one shot.  It was pretty confusing reading the dosage and the amounts on the syringe and figuring out how much to mix.  We were given full page colored intructions with pictures...half way through we realized we were doing it wrong...

Deep breath.

Start that part over.  There are extras of everything. 

Whew, we figured it out.  Without having to go to the you tube video we were told about! 

The worst part, was these 2 needles were bigger.  It was hard for Joel to stick me, and it was painful. 

All in all, it was a relief.  We've done it once, now bring on the other 9 or so times we have to do it. 

The worst shot of all, the giant one, I'm not kidding, it's giant, it still yet to come. 

Early Wednesday morning we are Bozeman bound.  We're hoping, praying, and trying not to be scared...we want this part of our journey to give us our miracle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment