Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Trigger Shot

Here is what I tweeted as we were trying to get all of the trigger shot meds into the syringe, after mixing it:

"The trigger shot is just awful, we can't get all the meds out of the vile, I'm praying while I try not to cry.:("

I tweeted mostly to distract myself.

I was praying, A LOT.  I was so scared.  I was begging God for help...

It's the most nerve wracking thing ever...we do all the shots, have all the ultra sounds, and the blood draw and this shot is what brings it all together into a sucessful retrieval...

In the moment it was just awful.

And you know what?  We did the shot 10 minutes late.  We did not anticipate this kind of trouble.

But guess what?  It was time...I was so scared.  Joel injected me and I felt a little poke then I felt nothing.  And the needle is 1 and a 1/2 inches long...I was bracing myself for horror...I felt nothing.  I didn't even know he had done it.  When he said he was done I said, "That was Jesus."  It had to be Him who orchestrated that shot...

As soon as it was over and I sat down, well, that's a different story.  It hurts!  (this shot is in the upper outer quadrant of my behind!).

But as I have said before, this is all so worth it.

Oh and we were playing "Eye of the Tiger" in the background the whole time to help us both get hyped up!

Tomorrow is a goof off/I don't have to be a human pin cushion (words from my doctor) day!

1 comment: