Friday, March 2, 2012

A marathon in March

A few months ago Joel and I got a treadmill.  It's currently in our living room with a view to my right of the front yard, and to the front the TV.  About a month ago Elizabeth and Ryan, Joel's sister and her husband, also got a treadmill. 

A couple of days ago I concocted a plan...

I know from past experience that the hormones will not make me feel the most pleasant.  I also know that exercising helps. 

I thought to myself, I can't do a marathon all at once, but why not try to do a marathon in the month of March on the treadmill?!

The goal...log 26.6 miles during the month.  Or more, depending on how long it takes to get that many.

Last night, March 1st, around 7:30 I was tired and we had just returned from a full day in Havre and I did not feel like getting on the treadmill.  I decided I would start the next day.  But then I got a text from Elizabeth...she'd just finished 4 miles!  I agreed to put on my shoes and do 1, she encouraged me to go for 2!

I went for 4 and did it!

Our marathon in March was off to a great start!  And it helped me sleep.  Ever since I started birth control I have been having really weird very tiring dreams...I have not slept well for weeks.  But last night, even though I had one short weird dream, I slept pretty good. 

Bring on the marathon in March!  We can do it, with a little help from each other.  Thanks Elizabeth! 

The array of support we receive while on this journey is, well, words cannot describe what it all means to us.  Thank you to all of you!

Now, it's time to get walking/running!  Have a treadmill?  Join us! 

2 comments: