Monday, March 19, 2012

A day behind

I went back to the doctor yesterday.

My friend Ellie was been here visiting this weekend and she drove me there.

We were greeted by Dr. Shomento with a "Welcome to Sunday morning here."

That place is so friendly!

The ultra sound showed that the follicles continue to grow, but they are not quite where we want them.  I was sort of of worried about that, well a lot worried.  But after the scan I met with the doctor to go over retrieval day and she assured me that I need not worry.

I still do a tiny bit.  I asked her if there was a chance they would stop growing, and not get mature enough to be fertilized...she said no. 

Deep breath.

Later in the day she called with blood draw results.  My estrogen level is still on the rise.

But with how things look, we take an extra day of stimulating shots today, then go back in tomorrow morning, with the hopes of everything being ready for trigger shot tomorrow, Tuesday, night and retrieval Thursday morning.  The calendar has it scheduled for Wednesday.  I asked her about that also, she said that probably none of us will end up with retrieval on Wednesday, since that is the day they put it on our calendars!  She also said that because I am "young and healthy" I will stimulate slower that someone older.  We just have to keep praying and keep trusting her and her caring team.

I don't think we have enough meds to go days than today on the stimulating shots.

It's all so nerve wracking.  And oh have I mentioned that as my ovaries grow due to this stimulating that I get more and more and more bloated?  Ugh!

It's worth it of course, all the discomfort.  The doctor said yesterday that it is a good thing that my right ovary isn't as full as my left one or I wouldn't be able to walk I would be so uncomfortable.

Isn't this all weird?  It feels weird and sounds weird to me!  And it makes me very sleepy.  I just want a nap now (& I never nap), but we're going to go hang out at a local coffee shop for a while, in the midst of the winter wonderland here...I think the snow here is the most we've seen all winter!

One more thing she said yesterday, "we could put your uterus in a text book it looks so nice..."!  

1 comment: