Friday, March 2, 2012

A little more...

When we met with Julia the first thing she gave us was her direct line at work and both her and Dr. Shomento's cell phone numbers.  We were given permission to call either number anytime.  If we need them, they are there.

I was pretty shocked...and we really felt like it was a little personal touch to help make this process even calmer.

I was given the opportunity to talk to her about possible freak out scenarios!  She was so understanding, and assured me I do not need to freak out.  They have everything under control for us.

"Just take the meds" she said!

But what if my cycle doesn't start when it says it should on the calendar?  "No need to freak out" was her answer.  But what if we break a shot?  "No need to freak out", was her answer. 

What if I get headaches?  "Take tylenol or tylenol with caffeine".

What about exercise?  This question came with an interesting answer...as we get further into this process she said no high impact activity like skiing (I don't ski) or horseback riding (haven't done that since Williston a couple of years ago) or running (bummed about this one).  I can walk though.  She said the reason was because they don't want my ovaries to burst...that's weird to me.  And freaky.  But I will obey!

Around retrieval time I start an oil based progesterone shot and if this all works, I continue that shot for 10 weeks.  It's the worst one Julia said.  I will be a hurting unit, she added.  

This process is so intense.  As we walk through it, it feels very surreal.  It's almost like we're puppets...we just do what we're told when we're told and hope for amazing miracle-like outcomes!
 
We have peace flowing through us, we have such a readiness inside...painful shots, scary meds, weeks upon weeks of medication...we can handle it.  I won't say I'll always be calm.  But something that should be freaking us out, feels more like just something we'll do because we have to.  We have our hearts and prayers focused on success.  


No comments:

Post a Comment