Sunday, March 25, 2012

Medication mishap

Up until today I have not called Dr. Shomento on her cell phone.  I have called Julia's direct line at work, but never the doctor. 

Until about 5 minutes ago.  Part of this journey involves a pill that I started on Saturday and take until Tuesday, just 4 days.  I have to take it with food which is sort of a pain because I have 2 other pills I have to take with food...all 3 of them I take in the morning and the evening.

Well, I was getting ready to take my pill tonight and I realized there were a lot left in the bottle, way more than should be.  I read the label closer...gasp...I think I am supposed to be taking 2 each time, so 4 total. 

Speed dial Dr. Shomento!

She confirmed what I feared...4 a day.  Ugh!  Of course my heart is racing at this point, what have I done? 

But then she told me to start taking 2 each time for the rest of the days it says to on my calendar, then do not take the rest of them that I missed.  "Some programs do not use this medicine," she said, "do not lose even a minute of sleep over this."

Whew!

She went on to say that things with our embryos are looking great, she is really excited.  Tomorrow will be day 4 for the embryos...it's a big day for them, a giant transition can happen, so they do not open the incubator or look at them at all...

Translation...lets pray, a lot!  Day 4 is a big day for them!   It's a huge day in this process.  I'm now doubly glad I called her, one so she could straighten me out about the medicine, and two so I would know tomorrow is such a big moment and can pray, pray, pray...not that we haven't been already!

Tuesday morning she will open the incubator and we will talk about the embryos, which ones to implant, and how they all fared the past few days in lab land!

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! That realization would be scary! Glad it's nothing to sweat about.

    So excited to hear what those little babies have been up to today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received another text from Dr. Shomento today, it said: No peaking at embryos today. See you tomorrow at surgery center. 8:30 arrival for 9:00 transfer. FULL BLADDER:):)

    I'm excited for the report tomorrow also!

    ReplyDelete