Monday, March 12, 2012

Shot giving at its worse

Last night's shot giving was terrible.  We both nearly had a meltdown. 

The first shot, the easiest one, stung when Joel poked me...I jumped.  He jumped.

Deep breath.  Some melt down.  Then, a successful stick.

Whew.

But then came the second one again.

We got really confused.  We set it up properly.  But we still didn't know if we were doing the dosage right. 

We went ahead and he gave me the shot.  It's terrible though.  It hurts.  And it hurts Joel to hurt me.  It's terrible.

Then we looked up online videos and sites given to us by the doctor to try and get some answers...are we giving the right dosage?

We knew we were giving me the right amount of medicine, one 75u vile, but we didn't know if we were diluting it correctly.  The wesbites didn't help.  They all said that usually 1 vile is mixed with 1mL of fluid, but to check with what our doctor prescribed. 

I stressed about it for a long while before realizing that I needed to let it go.  I did not want to loose sleep over this. 

Our alarm woke us this morning in time for morning shot.  Then I called the pharmacy.  The pharmacist I talked to was so helpful!  He answered all of our questions and assured us we are ok! 

Whew.  Round 3 tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment