Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Monitoring day...

Today was our first check since starting the stimulating shots on Saturday night.

Of course, because it's what I do, I was sort of worked up over it!  My worries this time were:

That my super filled-up ovaries would quickly over stimulate and the ovulation trigger shot, the MEGA one, would be Saturday night, when Joel would not be here, and retrieval would be Monday, or Sunday...

I'm telling you, I thought of it all!

Joel has to be at church on Sunday...I did not want to have to make an emergency call to tell people that oops, my ovaries didn't cooperate!

But...

Worry for no reason.  I don't know when I'll learn!

The ultra sound and blood draw today showed that follicles are starting to grow and that my estrogen level is on the rise.  Both of these are what we want!  The doctor increased my dosage of the gonal f stimulating shot.  And she assured us that we are indeed doing the other night shot correct.

She said, "I'm excited things are looking so good".  More tears of course.

While at the appointment she asked me how I was feeling.  She said that on these medicines people usually feel pretty good.  I do not feel short tempered, which Joel appreciates!  I just feel emotional.  Which I know has to do with the hormones, but it also has to do with this giant step we're taking.  I also feel like I need family close, and they are, whether it's through the phone or here. 

Now, it's time to kick back, wait for the alarm that reminds us to do shots tonight, and watch American Idol, and then of course vote!  And sleep.  Tomorrow is more shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment